Thursday, June 3, 2010

San Diego/ Marine Family Day & Graduation


On Thursday morning we left Anahiem and headed down to San Diego. Dad, Susie, Nat, Landon, Grandma, and Grandpa were already down there. We spent all day at the Marine base and finally got to see Nick again! It was fun to see him and get to spend time with him. Later that night we headed to our hotel. Oh wow... after The Double Tree, this was SO ghetto! Haha. I didn't dare let the kids go swimming and the rooms just weren't very nice. At 4 a.m. the cops showed up and were banging on the door of the room directly below Kristi and Mike. When we woke up the cops were still there so we gathered around and watched. Kristi, Nat, and me all had rooms by each other so it was fun to get to run back and forth between rooms.

Friday was graduation! I just want to let Nick know how proud of him I am. I know that this is his calling and his destiny. I pray that Heavenly Father will help him to stay safe and to be able to help a lot of people out! He was an awesome missionary and I think that this might end up being a second mission for him! I am so grateful for all of the men and women who are f ighting for our country, as well as all of their families. We are so blessed to live in America and to have the freedoms we do! I hope and pray that we always stay free and blessed!






Nick had lost a lot of weight! He is so skinny! Those Marines sure are a tough group of men and women! I don't think I would have the strength or courage to endure what they do in boot camp! He will be leaving to Camp Penndelton in California on June 7th. I wish him the best in his new career! I hope that this road brings you much success and happiness! We love you SO much and will miss having you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment