Tuesday, May 25, 2010

St. George/ Newport Beach

We went on our first BIG family vacation! On Saturday, May 15 we loaded up our car and headed for St. George! We stayed at my sister Kristi's house for 2 nights. It was so much fun to see Kristi, Mike, and Skunk. We don't get to see them very often because they live so far away! We spent most of the day swimming at their pool. It was so nice to lay in the sun and enjoy the heat! (It was around 90 there!) We went to eat, went shopping, and make yummy cake pops! It was so much fun to just hang out with them and not be rushed. My little Skunky is the cutest thing ever! We could not get enough of her! On Monday, we loaded our car up again and headed to Newport Beach, California.

It was a little chilly when we got there, but it was so much fun to see the ocean! Taiya kept saying over and over, "I can't believe I got to swim in the Pacific Ocean!" Haha... silly girl! Ethan didn't care that it was pretty chilly. He went right in and stayed in! He was pretty cold by the time he got out.


Haha... I know the last picture is creepy, but we are a creepy family! We went and walked the pier after a while! It was amazing all of the things that people were catching. There was a guy who caught a HUGE California King Crab and people were constantly catching fish. When we were on the pier we saw seals, dolphins, and a jelly fish! It was such an awesome experience!




After walking around for a while we went and ate dinner and then we headed to the Double Tree Hotel in Anaheim, California. It is an awesome hotel. I would highly recommend staying there! I will post more on our vacation tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha I love the picture of all of you at the beach...so funny! And I love how you said you are a creepy family! You nut! You aren't creepy :) I love you all!

    ReplyDelete