Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 1, 2010- SUPERCROSS!!

Today we went to Supercross at the Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City. We paid a local riders fees so that he could race, so we were able to park in the pits where all of the "huge pros" race! It was fantastic! We got there at 9 a.m. and it was freezing and lightly raining. We learned our lesson from last year and wore thermals, lots of layers, coats, hoodies, ponchos, and blankets! When we got there, we went and walked around the pits... we were hoping to see some of the big dawgs! Hehe. We did see a kid who does Arenacross. It wasn't until later that we started to see people. Here is a picture from when we had a brief break from the rain. It was still FREEZING!!





We were walking around and I saw Jeff Emig! He won a few championships quite a few years back and now he is the announcer for all of the Supercross races. He was with Ralph Sheheen who is his announcing sidekick. I was too embarrassed to ask for a picture so Brandon's friend did it for me! I was in 7th heaven when he said yes! Haha. I wanted to get one with Ralph too, but after the picture with Jeff I was a little excited and didn't. I ended up seeing Ralph around 2 more times during the morning but I never had the camera with me and he smiled at me every time I saw him... so needless to say I went through the rest of the day feeling SO guilty! When we were watching the race on t.v. when we came home I had horrible guilt... so Ralph if you are reading this... next year I am getting a picture with you... no matter what! Haha. Here is Jeff Emig and me!




We were walking around and saw that they were having a rider's meeting, so we stood in the back and listened! They were having some guy give a motivational thought... oh my... it was SO weird! I was trying so hard not to laugh. The prayer he gave was crazy! After the meeting we were able to meet Kevin Windham and Tray Canard! We got pictures with both of them! IT was awesome because Kevin won the race tonight! He was so sweet. He was talking to someone when we walked up to him and he stopped talking and came up to us and let us get pictures with him. He is darling in person! Tray hung out with Brandon in 2006 or 2007 at the Amatuer Opens in Phoenix! Brandon had Ballz Racing down there and Trae was hanging out in his booth! Tray remembered Brandon so that was pretty cool. He is a great kid and we were so excited to meet him too. I was really sad though because when we put our pictures on the computer my picture with Tray was all messed up. Oh well. At least I have the memories. Haha. (I added the messed up picture just so everyone could feel my pain. lol)



















Pink's husband Carey Hart does Supercross stuff so sometimes Pink will come with him and Taiya knows this from watching Supercross with us. Taiya found Hart's semi and was parked out there waiting for Pink! Unfortunately, Pink was not there this time. Taiya was really bummed about that. Hopefully next year she will get to meet her. After all the fun of meeting everyone it was time to go and watch the races. It had stopped raining for a good portion of the afternoon but as soon as they started the races it started pouring!! We got rained on, it snowed, sleeted, and hailed! We had our ponchos on with blankets underneath... but everytime Brandon or Ethan would move, the rain would run off and land right on me. By the time we left my pants were soaked and I had so much water in my boots that you could just feel the sloshing! That made it so hard because it was freezing! Ethan fell asleep during the races because it had been a long day for the kids! Here are some pictures from the track. I didn't take any during the race because it was raining way too hard! I felt so bad for the poor riders because they were soaked and covered in mud!

When we got back to the truck we saw Cowboy Kenny and his gang. They are freestyle riders. They weren't able to perform because of the rain, but we were able to meet them because they were parked right next to us! The picture didn't turn out too well because it was still pouring! Here are the pictures of them and some pictures of what our riders bike looked like after he raced in the mud.




We went to IHOP for dinner close to midnight. We had to pull over around 1:30 and sleep for 40 minutes because we were exhausted. It was so much fun! I love going to Supercross every year! It has been so much fun and it is always so exciting! I can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I didn't know you had a blog! It's so cute! You look so good! Looks like you're having fun and staying busy! Loves...

    ReplyDelete