Friday, August 6, 2010

Adversity!






I know a few people who are really struggling in life right now, whether it be marriage... kids... jobs... and/or health problems. I read this talk from President Uchtdorf and was very touched by it. I hope that it brings as much comfort to those who read it as it did to me!

"How beloved you are of your Heavenly Father. Though it may seem that you are alone, angels attend you. Though you may feel that no one can understand the depth of your despair, our Savior, Jesus Christ, understands. He suffered more than we can possible imagine, and He did it for us, He did it for you. You are not alone."

"In stories, as in life, adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise. Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way. Our loving Heavenly Father has set us in a world filled with challenges and trials so that we, through opposition, can learn wisdom, become stronger, and experience joy."

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has sent us modern Prophets and Apostles to guide, direct, and comfort us. I feel so grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so grateful to have the Book of Mormon in my life. We live in troubled times and I am so grateful to know that we can have the Prophets to give us advice, love, and hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment