Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

Every year for Easter we go up to Grandma Ball's house. She has a pasture on the family homestead and we do a massive Easter egg hunt... but this year it snowed... so we could not go. We were all really bummed. We ended up going swimming at Green Canyon. That was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast jumping off the diving board into Dad's arms! They have a fireplace there so we roasted hot dogs.

Sunday we woke up and the kids enjoyed their Easter baskets! Taiya and Ethan each got a new spring outfit. We tried to get as much conference in... but there were a lot of people... a lot of little kids... and a lot of noise. Haha. Everyone came over and had lunch. Mom is so amazing to have everyone over and feed us all! (There are a lot of us!) We were over visiting Brandon's dad and step mom when I got a call saying Ethan was throwing up... I hurry home and sure enough he was! He came downstairs and told Grandma that his head hurt and that he felt like he was going to throw up... then it came! I am figuring that he ate too much candy. Poor little guy. He was out for the rest of the night.

Sunday we played again and just hung out. We were going to leave Sunday night, but with Ethan throwing up and how late it was we decided to stay another night. (Plus our sister-in-law was begging us to stay!) We really had so much fun there. I enjoy spending time with all my sweet nieces and nephews (I only get to see them every once in a while).

As it is Easter, I love to reflect on how grateful I am for the Savior and for everything he has blessed me with. I have the most amazing husband, children, father, mother, step mom, Mother-in-law, brother, and sisters, brothers-in-law, sisters-in-law, soon to be stepbrothers & sisters-in-law, Grandparents, cousins, nieces, and nephews. I have a beautiful house in an amazing area. You could not find a more beautiful place to live. Our Ward is spectacular and I have never felt so much love and kindness. Most important, I am grateful for the Atonement and the knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to send his Only Son to die for us so that we may return to live with Him again. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and to know of all the blessings that come with it.

I hope that you all had an amazing Easter as well. (Pictures to come soon!)

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had such a great easter. Logan throw up easter day too. I am thinking too much candy as well. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I am glad I finally added your blog! What a cute family!

    ReplyDelete